Changing Times

 I’ve always heard that focusing on the rearview mirror makes it very difficult to continue moving forward. However, as a professional truck driver in order to maintain safety in all directions, we have to focus on all of our mirrors all the time every three seconds as a matter of fact in order to maintain control over every event around us. I understand the concept though because if I only stayed focus on one particular mirror for a long period of time it would take away from the bigger picture in front of me going forward. That is kind of the way I have been feeling with all of the angst and anxiety in our society surrounding the issues of injustice and systemic racism embedded into our society. Just like myself and many others, this has been a constant in the rearview mirror as well as the windshield moving forward. It has surrounded us on all sides on a daily basis our entire life. From the age of eight years old when I witnessed Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in his speech of his view from the mountaintop. I realized the truth he spoke was from his heart was on a highway to my brain. It was obvious that his words came from a place of a divine dimension, one that a lot of people had not envisioned yet because you had to be on a much higher plane of observation to imagine such things. For the last 57 years I have kept my eye on his vision because it has kept my hope alive for what the future can bring. For every injustice reported in the news I’ve continued to wait for peoples hearts to change in order for the message to get to their brain to just do the right thing.

There have been trial after trial after trial on the injustices in our society in relation to systemic racism and it’s cancerous affect on our hearts and minds. For every trial that brings relief to our hearts with the right verdict I catch my breath, I inhale deeply and exhale slowly knowing this is a long road towards changing hearts and building new highway infrastructures for the mind to travel on. I pray that we will continue to move forward in this ever advancing changing civilization. For those that fear change, I would submit to you that it is the only way to rebuild America for all the people. Let’s do it together…Fear not for Thou art with us on this highway to greater possibility.

Comments

Popular Posts